MTR issues

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by giyad, Mar 8, 2008.

1. giyad macrumors regular

So I have been trying to make backups of my DVD's , using Mac the Ripper, but whenever the DVD finishes copying it says that there were bad sectors and the VOB files don't play in VLC. I haven't tried any other program to play it because Im confident that its not a VLC problem, but maybe I should.

I tried using handbrake but it can't get around the copyright restrictions and always says that there is no valid file found.

Does anyone know how I can get this to work? Or even better, how copy it to a single output file instead of all the VOB's, I know handbrake can, but its not working at the moment with the restrictions. The thing is I want to put my DVD's on an external drive so I can use it in my hometheater, instead of having to flip through DVD's...

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

3. giyad thread starter macrumors regular

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I strongly suggest finding a newer version of MacTheRipper. It should be able to get around the newer protection tricks on those DVDs.

5. giyad thread starter macrumors regular

how do you suggest i go about doing something like that, I can't exactly download a newer version than the developers have released... 2.6.6 is the newest version, 3.0 is in beta testing

6. jwt macrumors 6502

If two apps are having problems then maybe you need to check to see if your regional settings are set correctly.

7. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

Go here and do a free signup then pay the fee for the beta MTR 3.0..

8. giyad thread starter macrumors regular

you were absolutely right! I didn't think that could be it because the first 2 movies I ripped were region 1, so it worked for those but not the other, weird eh?

Speaking of which, is there anyway to crack the region on my DVD drive, because I only have 2 more chances at changing the region... lame!