MTV VMA 2015

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by woodywoodz, Aug 31, 2015.

1. woodywoodz, Aug 31, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2015

woodywoodz Suspended

woodywoodz

Anybody watch VMA here? Which part is your favorite?

Edit: 08/31 - 11:14 PM

Although I am feeling outdated now. I also think that VMAs is definitely not like it used to be surprised the awards show is still going.

Taylor Swift took four awards including the most big one, Justin Bieber got a new hairstyle
    and Kanye West said he's planning to run for president in 2020.

I want to make a video collection of those interesting sidelights for my friends.

I never make any video before. I think I better use a video editing program as simple as possible but not too simple to have no features. Also I am stucked at downloading videos from mtv.com. Any suggestions or recommendations?

2. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

3. RenoG macrumors 65816

4. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

5. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

In Europe, South America, and Japan, yes, as music videos are still prevalent and relevant. In the US, you'd get more entertainment out of watching Bob Ross paint 'happy trees'.

BL.

6. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

I did see the highlight, if you want to call it that, of Mlley peaking around the curtain topless! But that was because someone posted it on twitter.

7. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

the last time the vma's were relevant, the year was nineteen aught eleventy-twelve

8. ewout macrumors newbie

ewout

For
    I recommend you Corel VideoStudio Pro X8.5. Although it can not compare favourably with the professionals like EDIUS, Adobe Premiere,Adobe After Effects and Sony Vegas, it is very easy to use and fits all home made video needs. You will get more from their official site

Some downloads tools work for Youtube working on mtv.com too
    Here you can chose: Online Website downloader & Free Online Video Downloader

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I didn't watch the show and given what the news sites reported, I'm glad I didn't waste my time.

10. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

This is pretty much how I feel about it too. Is it me or has MTV really gone down hill over the past 5-10 years?

11. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I never watch the awards shows. They are all just a waste of time.

12. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

My kids are interested in some of the music, but given what I've read about the VMAs, I'm glad we didn't turn that on

13. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

MTV went downhill after The Real World: San Francisco. That's when it started to become irrelevant. That would be... 22 years ago.

BL.

14. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Good lord, 22 years ago! :eek:

Holy smokes I feel freaking old now! UGH!

15. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Think about it this way..

The day was August 1, 2006. You would think that out of all channels, MTV would have taken special significance to that particular day. But no. Not a single thing...

In fact, it was VH1 Classic that honoured that day. That day was the 25th anniversary of when MTV first came on the air. But it was VH1 Classic that actually paid tribute that day with playing the entire first day of videos from MTV's first day on the air, in its original order.

That's how in denial MTV is with music videos, let alone its relevancy.

BL.

16. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Again, holy smokes I feel freaking old now. And way to go MTV, setting the standard and then dropping it flat on it's face. Thank you VH1 Classic for picking up the slack. I am so glad I gave up on them when I did.

What is scary, I actually remember watching MTV when the played the very first video. Heck, I remember correctly MTV wasn't even on for 24 hours when they first started.

17. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

You're right. They had to rewind the tape back to the beginning to air the videos again, while getting more tapes in. It's quite amazing they got it all to even work.

Oh, and just so you know, on 8/1/2011, which was MTV's 30th anniversary, they did absolutely... nothing. In fact, it was 3 years prior that they actually dropped the "Music Television" from its tag line, leaving it to MTV2 and VH1 to tribute to it, which both those channels did... nothing. Again, VH1 Classic picked up the slack with a 3-day tribute to MTV that included Dial MTV, Remote Control, Club BTV, Beavis & Butthead, YO! MTV Raps, Aeon Flux, and Liquid TV.

Funnily enough, next August 1st will be 35 years.. Perhaps MTV will pull a Kanye West and announce its candidacy for POTUS.

BL.

18. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

HAHAHA.... 35 years on the air and I have a feeling they will do nothing to mark the occasion.

On a side note, you can really stop throwing the years out there.... Man o man, I feel old after reading all of this.