Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hellobard

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 19, 2015
We just released our first Apple Watch game "Much Memo" and would love to get some feedback on it as we are located in Norway where the Apple Watch has not been released yet. We have 10 free download codes for testers, and would appreciate any kind of feedback. Especially regarding how well the buttons work in terms of touch-size.

Available on the App Store here: Much Memo

10 download codes for free, first come first serve:
P4JPXRPF6EWW
4ENAMPJRPXW6
HJJ64J7L7WYX
LTTR4YYKAL6H
X77YYLJWPNRW
3J4PX7TTFRNP
YJ7R46RHP9E4
MM3J37XERR6N
WXEHRX6MYHWP
EHN9ENK9REML

Codes in silver are marked as used.

Last edited:

Zillan

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2011
Belgium
Redeemed 4ENAMPJRPXW6. Thanks a lot!

----------

just played a game. Took some screenshots too.
Played it on the 38 sport watch.

Things i noticed:
It takes about 0.5 second to get response when touching a button.
Touch size is OK for me (i don't have big fingers, but it is about the same size as a numeric keypad when unlocking the watch)

Things i see as an upgrade:
- after 2 seconds cards return to their back when a pair has been selected.

What is with that last screenshot? Is that broken?

nLjhbWr.png

mmNhKFq.png

Also, check your app store link in your post. Its broken ;-).

Greets from a fellow iOS dev!

hellobard

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 19, 2015

----------

Things i noticed:
It takes about 0.5 second to get response when touching a button.
Touch size is OK for me (i don't have big fingers, but it is about the same size as a numeric keypad when unlocking the watch)

Things i see as an upgrade:
- after 2 seconds cards return to their back when a pair has been selected.

What is with that last screenshot? Is that broken?

Wonderful feedback, thank you so much for helping out!

That game end-screenshot of what should be a medallion is very wrong indeed, surprised that happened, didnt occur during our simulator tests. Will have to look into it.

We will get right on that asap. Surprised it takes so long to get feedback from touching the buttons. Does it improve after the images have been flipped at all? As in, maybe it needs time to load each image after each touch?

Last edited:

Zillan

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2011
Belgium
Wonderful feedback, thank you so much for helping out!

That game end-screenshot of what should be a medallion is very wrong indeed, surprised that happened, didnt occur during our simulator tests. Will have to look into it.

We will get right on that asap. Surprised it takes so long to get feedback from touching the buttons. Does it improve after the images have been flipped at all? As in, maybe it needs time to load each image after each touch?

No it doesnt. It looks like the animation takes too long to finish. That last image could be the result of the 38 version.

Also, don't know if its possible via WatchKit API atm, but disable scrolling. :)

Another feature: The two wrongly selected cards should be in a different color. As in: I don't know what other card i pressed when i already pressed one before. Make it an other color eg. red. And when i found the second correct card you can make it blue

Just brainstorming here :)

BrettDS

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2012
Orlando
I downloaded this and I'm pretty happy with it. I have the 42mm watch and I don't really have any issues with the size of the cards.

I notice a slight delay when I hit the cards, but it doesn't seem significant and I think it's just because of the fact that all of the processing needs to be done on the phone. I play another 'card taping' game on the watch called rules and that one has a similar half second delay when you tap something. I'm not sure that much can be done about it at this point.

I also get a normal trophy graphic when the game completes, but like zillan said, his problem could be because of his 38mm watch.

As far as improvements, I'd like to see the score (or at least the number of card flips) on the trophy screen and it would be nice if the game kept track of the lowest score too. I know I can see the number of flips while I'm in the game, but sometimes I forget to look to see how I did before I make the last match.

Overall though I think it's a great game and a great use of the limited API's for the apple watch.

The only other suggestion I'd have would be the name of the game. Memo is actually an english word meaning "written communication". I almost didn't click on this thread because initially I was thinking that it was some sort of note taking application. It might cause some confusion in the app store as well with the existing name.

hellobard

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 19, 2015
Also, don't know if its possible via WatchKit API atm, but disable scrolling. :)

Another feature: The two wrongly selected cards should be in a different color. As in: I don't know what other card i pressed when i already pressed one before. Make it an other color eg. red. And when i found the second correct card you can make it blue

Just brainstorming here :)

Thanks for the feedback again. So scrolling is possible in the app somehow? That's strange to hear, but this sort of on-wrist experience is worth gold to us. We'll look into getting that disabled if it's possible.

Good idea about the cards and coloring them, we will look into that!

BrettDS: Very happy to hear you enjoyed our little game!
I think you may be right that the delay on tapping the cards is probably just the hardware not being up to scratch. I have tried compressing all the png files down by 70%, I think that might help if it's a memory loading issue. An uncompressed png in a GPU's memory expands to 4-10x the size I think, which would make it heavy to process.

An update showing the score on the game over screen is coming soon, along with a high score feature to see what your personal best is :)

You might be right about the name, I didn't quite think about how that could make people consider it a utility with memo in the name. But it's branded and spread now, so it's a bit late unfortunately. Hopefully it won't work too much against us...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.