Here's what I did: 1. Download Chrome Dev Channel, stable may also have these settings, not sure. 2. Go to chrome://flags 3. Enable GPU compositing, Enable Thread Compositing, Enable Per Tile Painting (last one may not be required but I did it.) 4. Restart Chrome. 5. Enjoy. I have no doubt that it's a software issue. It's not perfect but has a noticeable effect and will only get better. If the iPad 3 can do it, a Ivy Bridge and dGPU can do it. Update: Most sites work perfectly, much better than Safari. It seems that it chugs on sites that use a lot of newer CSS3 stuff (The Verge), @ native resolution it's a lot better but you can tell it's not perfect either. Performance with advance filters will improve over time I bet.