Mucho Upload problem driving me crazy

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Batchainpuller, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Batchainpuller macrumors newbie

Hello, I'm new to this forum, so HI everyone!

and please help.

I run this old 1998 G4 with IE 5.1 and Netscape 7.
    Yes next year i'm buying a new one, but I payed so much for it in 1998 I wanna use it for 10 years :)

Now this is connected to an ethernet hub wich is connected to a eicon diva adsl and a old pentium wich is running windows 2000.
    the adsl account is my dads.
    Now on both computers when I try to upload something even not that big.. it crashes and freezes, mostly the browser and you have to reset the adsl thingy.

ONce it has worked to upload something with the mac.. so it is possible.
    I can surf, download, mail via hotmail or google but no attachments or it freezes. I don't think i have outlook configured, i don't know if that's needed, I don't know much about internet protocol and http php ftp shh pop whatever.

I can run back and forth checking settings if i get targeted questions,

2. Batchainpuller thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm sorry I'm also not going to scan this forum for possible hints and sollutions, as it is driving me crazy, and I can't figure it out anyhow, I need someone to guide me through.
    and since I recently took up astrophotography, I'd really like to be able to upload pictures...

3. Batchainpuller thread starter macrumors newbie

AHA! I've had succes configuring my outlook with my hotmail adress and can now upload and send mail with attachments!!!
    but still if I try to attach or upload in IE or netscape it freezes. and i'd like to post on a phpbb forum...

somebody?

4. Batchainpuller thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm, mailing and attaching with outlook works now, this is a great improvement.

i've downloaded mozilla 1.3.1 if i try to upload, it freezes my adsl
    IE 5.1.7 if I try to upload it freezes my adsl
    Netscape 7.0 if I try to upload it freezes my adsl

what is going on! any ideas?