Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

str0ppy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
Is this as close as I’m likely to get seeing as Apple don’t make a leather case for this model?

I’ve always used a Saddle Brown on previous iPhones and want to continue.

outsidah

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2010
There are other brands doing the same type of case. Just gotta look around

jimmy_uk

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2015
UK
Looks good. Disapointed theres no Apple logo on any of these cases.

Wish Apple didn't see the 11 as the poor cousin of the Pro models and gave us first party leather cases. Not a fan of sticky silicon.

jm31828

macrumors 65816
Sep 28, 2015
Bothell, Washington
Had the Mujjo leather case on my XR. Quality is very good, and yes it’s the closest you’ll find to a genuine Apple leather case.

Does this case fit tightly, like a glove without getting loose? And how was the lip around the screen on your xr- was it high enough for decent protection?

TorontoSS

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2009
I had the Mujjo case for my X. There were some differences but it was a good quality case. I think somewhere on this forum posted photos of the difference in form factor. I found the mujjo to be a tad bigger / bulkier.

the fit was good - I don’t remember it being too tight or loose.

oVerboost

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2013
United Kingdom
Does this case fit tightly, like a glove without getting loose? And how was the lip around the screen on your xr- was it high enough for decent protection?

Fit was good, it was snug. It never got loose and I took it in and off a fair bit. Screen lip was about the same as the iPhone Apple cases, which have always provided enough protection for me - but I’m careful with phones anyway.

brentsg

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2008
My 11 case fits tightly but the mute switch hole is not cut properly.. it's too high. I can still toggle the switch but since it's right at the edge of the hole it's more difficult.

Volume buttons are also really stiff so I'm wondering if they aren't lined up quite right. I sent them a support inquiry.

From Mujjo:

The volume buttons being hard to press is something that has been reported with a very small amount of our cases. Each case is made by hand making it different and unique, however it can mean that there are some defects from case to case.

Furthermore I believe that the sound toggle switch may be slightly high on our cases as Apple changed the design before they released their new iPhone, slightly.

I would like to thanks you for your feedback and I will report the issues you have raised to the design team and ensure that these problems don't continue to occur.

Last edited:

Jacob_116

macrumors regular
Nov 19, 2019
does anyone happen to have pictures of an aged Mujjo case? Preferably in the tan color?

alpi123

macrumors 68020
Jun 18, 2014
Looks good. Disapointed theres no Apple logo on any of these cases.

Wish Apple didn't see the 11 as the poor cousin of the Pro models and gave us first party leather cases. Not a fan of sticky silicon.
Apple prohibits using their logo in cases, so yeah, it's pity. Also having metal buttons on a leather case is much better imo.

brentsg

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2008
I complained about fit and got a replacement from the manufacturer. While the button cutouts aren't perfect I absolutely LOVE the feel of the case. It's holding up well also.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.