Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TorontoSS

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 9, 2009
Hi everyone

I was wondering if anyone has tried Mujjo cases? What is the difference between them (not wallet/card versions)?

Is it thicker? Does it have more weight/bulk than the Apple version? Does the saddle brown look the same (colour wise)? Some photos look the same, but some look more "yellow" than brown.

Thanks in advance!

TorontoSS

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 9, 2009
Hi - thought I’d answer my own question. I received a Mujjo saddle brown case today. I’m not an expert on Leather so I’m unsure if this is helpful.

The mujjo Case is slightly thicker than the Apple one but really only by a tad. It’s kind of like having a silicone case instead of a leather one in terms of weight. It’s about 23g vs 20g (Apple). It’s a bit more rough as well. I understand it’s a better quality leather but for me, both are great. I actually prefer the colour of my Apple saddle brown. Let’s see how this ages.

The Apple leather case is smoother and as I said above it’s lighter.

Hope this helps anyone!

TorontoSS

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 9, 2009
The mujjo one does have a better grip because the Apple Leather is smoother. That being said I don’t have the iPhone X as yet (I got the case before). I have used the Apple leather case a lot though because it’s been on my 7.

Reactions: Ta0jin

TorontoSS

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 9, 2009
I can try today. I have to warn, my picture taking ability isn't awesome. But I'll have it next to the saddle brown iphone 7 case too (which has aged a bit). I do that this evening.

Reactions: Ta0jin

kingston73

macrumors 65816
Dec 23, 2015
I don't know if it's still good but Sena had a 40% off sale for the past few days. I really like the look of their cases and they also say their cases are drop rated, which is much more than most other leather cases including apple. Best part is their new cases have metal buttons. I ordered one but haven't received it yet, hopefully it works as well as it looks online.

TorontoSS

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 9, 2009
Here are some photos - like I said I’m really bad at taking photos.

These are next to an iPhone 7 saddle brown case and also an iPhone X charcoal case. Note the saddle brown will have aged so the colours won’t be the same.

Attachments

• 9B01CECC-8104-4B97-A332-9A92B6DDF4ED.jpeg
    9B01CECC-8104-4B97-A332-9A92B6DDF4ED.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,662
  • F52B7D9A-99EF-4922-8BF0-85B4CAF9F78A.jpeg
    F52B7D9A-99EF-4922-8BF0-85B4CAF9F78A.jpeg
    825.2 KB · Views: 2,428
  • 436DF30F-08E5-4912-B69C-B8AB11E160FB.jpeg
    436DF30F-08E5-4912-B69C-B8AB11E160FB.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,497

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Hi - thought I’d answer my own question. I received a Mujjo saddle brown case today. I’m not an expert on Leather so I’m unsure if this is helpful.

The mujjo Case is slightly thicker than the Apple one but really only by a tad. It’s kind of like having a silicone case instead of a leather one in terms of weight. It’s about 23g vs 20g (Apple). It’s a bit more rough as well. I understand it’s a better quality leather but for me, both are great. I actually prefer the colour of my Apple saddle brown. Let’s see how this ages.

The Apple leather case is smoother and as I said above it’s lighter.

Hope this helps anyone!

It did help and thanks, I ordered a grey Mujjo a few days ago and got it today. Gun to head if I could only choose between this and Apple’s then I guess I’m a dead man. :)

TorontoSS

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 9, 2009
It did help and thanks, I ordered a grey Mujjo a few days ago and got it today. Gun to head if I could only choose between this and Apple’s then I guess I’m a dead man. :)

It’s hard to tell which is better right? I find apples sleeker but the leather is nice on Mujjo. What’s the diff in colour? I am thinking the grey is lighter with Mujjo right?

THE JUICEMAN

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
It’s hard to tell which is better right? I find apples sleeker but the leather is nice on Mujjo. What’s the diff in colour? I am thinking the grey is lighter with Mujjo right?

I’m guessing the buttons are better on the Apple leather considering they are metal?

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
It all comes down to preference, I do not think the Mujjo would be on many short lists for a case because of price but if one is going with an Apple leather anyhow then it should be at least considered.

It is not as minimalistic, a bit heavier but the grip is better and I think it offers at least somewhat more protection than Apple's.

bhayes444

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2013
It all comes down to preference, I do not think the Mujjo would be on many short lists for a case because of price but if one is going with an Apple leather anyhow then it should be at least considered.

It is not as minimalistic, a bit heavier but the grip is better and I think it offers at least somewhat more protection than Apple's.
I was looking at your pics of the Mujjo. Does the interior lining wrap all the way up the sides of the phone or just cover the back like the Apple leather case does?

TorontoSS

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 9, 2009
I was looking at your pics of the Mujjo. Does the interior lining wrap all the way up the sides of the phone or just cover the back like the Apple leather case does?

It’s like the Apple leather one - the microfibre is at the back of the phone but not sides the way the Apple silicone one is.

kingston73

macrumors 65816
Dec 23, 2015
have you looked at sena cases? Their new ones have metal buttons like apples. I ordered one when they had their 40% off sale and I'm getting it today so I'll post up a picture comparing it with the apple leather case I have. At full price they are about the same. The thing I like about sena, for whatever its worth, is they actually advertise their leather cases as "drop safe" which is more than most other leather case makers say.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.