Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Collaborative video creation app GroupClip launched on iOS yesterday, allowing users to record the same event on multiple devices and combine clips in the cloud to produce multi-angle movies.

GroupClip-Screenshots.jpg

The app enables users to invite up to four friends in any location into the same movie project and start recording clips straight away. As video is synced to the cloud, each user has access to everyone else's footage, and can combine and edit them to create individual multi-angle videos.

Users can select clip segments to feature prominently in their final projects, and drag and drop clips into position. Multiple layout templates are on offer within the app (including a picture-in-picture option) for users to create their collage, and photos can also be imported into film projects.

Users can also add music to videos using songs on their devices, but the app will reject songs protected by copyright restrictions. Finally, completed movies can be shared over social media or saved to devices.

GroupClip is a free download for iPhone and iPad on the App Store. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Multi-Angle Movie Maker GroupClip Launches on iOS

IGI2

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2015
Curious: how is this app different to Vyclone (around since 2012)?
That your app doesn't know that iPhone 6 was released.

Considering that I have doubts whether it utilizes the newest iOS APIs and capabilities.

Acid Wash

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2014
It'd be cool if they combined this with photogrammetry then you (could) get hundreds of angles/tracking/crane shots etc

GregA

macrumors 65816
Mar 14, 2003
Sydney Australia
This sounds great. Photos too? Will have to try.

I hope it also syncs audio, so you can overlay multiple mics. AND some noise cancelling tech might really bring out the common audio of a speech.

Reactions: GroupClip

GroupClip

macrumors newbie
May 24, 2016
Looks cool. This idea is beyond my imagination.

Can we record 3D movies using this app?

Not yet, but that's a good idea! ;-)
[doublepost=1464101501][/doublepost]
I was about to say, that I already have an app like that for years:

http://www.editonthefly.com

But then... check the website above...
http://www.theverge.com/2015/11/6/9684530/google-acquires-fly-labs-video-editing

We noticed Fly as well, but we think our app GroupClip is better ;-)
GroupClip gives you more creative freedom and works on cellular data as well as on wifi.
Give it a try and let us know if you have any feedback!

IGI2

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2015
Not yet, but that's a good idea! ;-)
[doublepost=1464101501][/doublepost]

We noticed Fly as well, but we think our app GroupClip is better ;-)
GroupClip gives you more creative freedom and works on cellular data as well as on wifi.
Give it a try and let us know if you have any feedback!
Yes, I'll definitely give it a try.

But like I said, Fly is no longer available (thanks to Google :mad:).

I hope you'll survive longer ;)

Glassed Silver

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2007
Kassel, Germany
Ah nice. Another one of those apps you install, feel super stoked, wait half an eternity for an opportunity to come up where it makes sense to use, then already have long forgotten about it and if not you're trying to filter out the friends who can actually run the app or are willing to participate.

Stock camera feature or bust. At least for me.
Great concept, wouldn't mind seeing this become a real thing.

Glassed Silver:mac

GroupClip

macrumors newbie
May 24, 2016
Curious: how is this app different to Vyclone (around since 2012)?

We think it's more user friendly and has a lot more features. You can edit on your smartphone, invite via a friends list and of course invite nearby users, insert audio and images, edit linear and multi frame, activate and deactivate timelines, swipe multi frame template and so on.
Feel free to find more differences and please let us know what you're missing. We've built this for you guys!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.