Multi button mice on the Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by DELTAsnake, Mar 10, 2009.

1. DELTAsnake macrumors 6502

DELTAsnake

I'm thinking of getting one of the WoW. It has 15 buttons, which is great for a MMO, but since it dosn't have Mac drivers I would be relying on the mouse drivers built into OSX when I'm not in Bootcamp. So how dose OSX cope with mice with more buttons than the Mighty Mouse?

2. videoflyer macrumors newbie

OS X handles 2-button scroll wheel mice natively. You would need a mouse that has the appropriate drivers that will allow you to define each button. If such a driver isn't supplied by the company that makes the mouse, you'd need one from somewhere else. I know, for example, that there are "generic" scanner drivers and webcam drivers - I assume that there's one for mice, as well, though I haven't done the search to know for sure. Sorry.

Maybe someone else here can suggest one.

3. BobZune macrumors 6502a

SteerMouse would most likely work - I used it with a Logitech mouse. USB Overdrive is another choice. They both cost a few dollars, but are free to try out first. Good luck!

4. jmccullough108 macrumors 6502a

jmccullough108

I have used tons of mice in the past, but I really like the bluetooth mighty mouse for some reason..