Multi-Column view... like Windows

Discussion in 'macOS' started by prograham, Oct 27, 2008.

1. prograham macrumors member

prograham

Hi all,

So I just got my boss to move over to mac since our he was the last one on windows in our all mac network (we are a video production house). But, he is an older gentleman and not computer savvy like the rest of us.

Although he is all for being on a mac, his biggest concern right now is being able to view all his folders. He has hundreds of folders on his network drive; years of important tax, personal, and business documents.

He'd like a way to be able to open a finder window and enlarge it to fill the screen, and then have all his folders display in "list-mode-with-multi-columns" as windows can do, so that the scroll bar is then at the bottom and you would scroll to the right to see more.

I hope you all know what I mean, please let me know if I'm not clear because I am really hoping someone knows of something like this.

Thanks for your help!

2. hiddenpremise macrumors regular

hiddenpremise

Somewhere between my imagination and reality
    In finder there are different view modes. If you open a new finder window click on the 3rd button of view modes or go to the view menu and click column view.

3. eleven2brett macrumors regular

There is a full screen finder application called Maximizer. I think i found it on Apple's site in the download section.