Multi Display Support feedback pls

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by fabriciom, Sep 13, 2015.

1. fabriciom macrumors 6502

Hello,

Those that have more than one display and are using el capitan. Can you please comment about it? Does it work right? Is it comfortable or awkward?

-Thanks

2. MacManiac76 macrumors 65816

MacManiac76

I have a 28" 4K monitor connected to my MacBook Pro and it works fine for my workflow. I have it setup for "Displays have separate Spaces" in the Displays System Preferences pane. I use the external monitor to have Safari and Mail in Split Screen view so I can see both at the same time on screen. Not sure what else you want to know?

3. fabriciom thread starter macrumors 6502

I was under the impression multi-dysplay support was bad under yosmite. I did not update and since el capitan is coming out at the end of the month I do not know if to upgrade. I might just update to yosmite since Ive read some post of logic plugins not working under el capitan...

4. MacManiac76 macrumors 65816

MacManiac76

The options are the same as under Yosemite. You can either have it as an extended display or as its own separate desktop with its own Spaces.

5. dogslobber macrumors 68020

dogslobber

It sometimes gets confused and shows the wrong display in mission control mode [or whatever the daft name for it is]. That is, if you have a couple of full screen apps on the external monitor then you flip the laptop screen then the external flips to. I run 3 external monitors on my 2014 13" MBP.

6. mikzn macrumors 6502

mikzn

Very similar to Yosemite, but seems to work better with some apps like keynote and VLC ( compared to Yosemite) with multiple displays and airplay also.

No problems and seems to work better.

Have seen some comments about the color calibration - but has not been an issue for me.