Multi-file select in List view doesn't work in Lion

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by netnothing, Jul 22, 2011.

1. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

Seeing a weird thing on both Lion installs.

Previously on SL, I could take a long list of files in List View......let's say 20 files. I could start selecting these files from the top with the mouse and drag and highlight files.

However, let's say I wanted to skip files 10-15. I could select files 1-9 by dragging the mouse.....then I could hold CMD down.....let go of the mouse to skip over 10-15 and then select and drag files 16-20.

In SL...this worked.

In Lion however, I can't do that. After I select files 1-9....when I go to select files 16-20 holding CMD.....it only selects the first file (16) then it tries to have me DRAG the files like I'm moving them.

Hopefully this makes sense to someone :p

-Kevin

2. basher macrumors 6502

basher

I get the same behavior as you.

The work around I found was after selecting the first group of files. CMD-click the file that will be the first file in the next group. Then after that file is selected, SHIFT-click on the last file in the group of files your selecting.

Kind of clunky, but it gets the job done.

3. netnothing thread starter macrumors 68040

netnothing

Thanks for the workaround.

Guess I never thought to do that since I figured if I lifted off the CMD key...then my first selection group would be unselected.

-Kevin

4. berkleebassist macrumors newbie

Seriously, thanks for explaining the changed behavior. Lots of these little long-standing conventions seem to have been changed, which makes me a bit crazy…

5. jrlcopy macrumors 6502

jrlcopy

Thanks for this also, wish they just left it alone.