Multi-funtion laser printer/scanner/copier?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Alexjungle, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Alexjungle macrumors member

Hi - looking for a good quality laser printer/copier/scanner/fax machine for a small office. One that will work with Leopard and AEBS. Also I need the scanner to be able to feed pages along, not just one at a time. Any suggestions?

The back shiny Samsung looks nice but can it scan multiple pages?

Thanks

2. gsahli macrumors 6502a

gsahli

As far as I know, there is no multifunction that does anything but print via the USB connector on an AEBS - is that what you meant, or do you mean ethernet-connected higher-end devices?

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=107418

Multifunction devices that have ethernet or wireless built-in usually come with drivers that work over the network - I guess that is what you are looking for.

3. Moof1904 macrumors 65816

I have an HP 6330

...and it works fine when directly USB connected, but when connected to our ethernet, the scanner functions don't work reliably.

So, we have it USB attached to one computer on the network and use that printer as the scanning station (since one has to go to the scanner to scan anyway, it's really no big deal to have to walk over to the Mac that's next to the printer/scanner/copier/fax and initiate the scan).

We have attached mac set to share the printer so that everyone else on the network can print to it and it works no problem.

4. DrFrankTM macrumors regular

I'm looking for the same. I'd like to find an all-in-one that will do double-sided copies, scans and prints though, so that I don't have to flip stuff and send the documents back in again. Ideally, the printer could export all pages of a scan to a single pdf.

The HP Photosmart C7280 All-in-One seems pretty good, but it does not do double-sided scans, it seems. The Canon PIXMA MP830 Office All-in-One Printer doesn't seem too bad either although it seems you cannot send faxes from your Mac - you need to print your document and then fax it, which is far from ideal.

If anyone has recommendations, they would be more than welcome.