multi-language restart screen : kernel panic ? ? ?? what to do ?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by eternityloopman, Aug 22, 2010.

1. eternityloopman macrumors newbie

I woke up my macbook this morning to record my dreams, among some other curiosities, and i noticed little chunks of imovie were occuring all over th' screen, new alert windows had other windows in them, chunks of pictures you can mouse over / select to erase, etc. so I thought, well, must be a slow day.
    then my toolbar ( the thing at the top, sorry. ) goes all inverted colours and things get weird and slow, and then I get a multi-language your computer needs to be restarted now screen. I hold down the power button, as directed, then it boots back up, and i get this error report :

okay, I recopied and pasted, sorry.
    Does anyone know ehre I would find a log for this ??
    it's not in libraries / logs.

Is this a " kernel panic " ?

my primary question would be :
    what steps should I take to ensure none of my data is lost ?
    Can I just take out my hard drive manually and put it in th' fridge or sthg ? ? ?? I really need to keep it intact, or at least recoverable, my life is on this mac.
    If it's gone, I may as well not have lived.

thank you,

- Henry.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

That is a Kernel Panic.

[​IMG]

You can extract your HDD from the MB, look at www.ifixit.com for guides or even in the manual, that came with your Mac.

You should also look into backing the HDD up, especially if "your life" is on it. Maybe even have an off-site backup additionally to the normal backup.

3. eternityloopman thread starter macrumors newbie

So, the safest thing for now would be to physically remove the drive ?
    I just want to prevent any possible data loss.

sigh.

ugh.

so, I don't really care if my entire macbook is decimated, I just want my documents and my metadata.
    Are there any special steps I should take before I excise the drive from the mainframe ?? ??