Multi Level Marketing

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by dukebound85, Feb 18, 2009.

1. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Have any of you done this? any success stories?

My parents really want me to join one and I will say, it sounds pretty sweet...great product, lots of advertising that started really recently

They have tried many in the past and this one they have said from the start, like a year ago is great (the company is just now expanding). I believe them as I have seen the difference too between this one and others yet am skeptical on joining in a sense

Opinions?

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

All of these schemes are, at heart, pyramid schemes. The only people who make serious money are those on the narrow top layers: if you are at the bottom you will work your ass off to sell loads of product simply to pay those above you in the pyramid.

3. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Read this
    (Especially this page)

Don't do it.
    Whatever are your parents thinking?

4. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Don't do it, especially not at this time, money is not something that can be gambled away on lies during a recession, hell that's how the recession started in the first place...

5. millerj123 macrumors 6502a

+10. The quick answer is no. Do read those links.

As for success stories, well, I know one guy who did one basically the same way I use Costco. He tried their products, and used the ones he liked. I don't believe his earnings went much beyond paying for the price difference on those products.

6. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Once they purge themselves of the MLM component and let their "associates" buy directly from the company with no one in between and the discounts based solely on the amount of product moved not your position in the chain -- they become a serious company.

Until then, it isn't about moving product, just about signing people.

7. rosenberg1 macrumors newbie

Network marketing

Network marketing depends on network connections and even though this network connections looks like very easy job, people forget to manage their contacts. There are many different ways in which one can keep in contact with all their friends and acquaintances.To get in touch with various people social networking helps people in sharing information and their gratitude.

8. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

MLM = Ponzi scheme. It it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck...

I've heard talks of a legit MLM. "Only as a myth; a dark fable; a horror tale, told across the flickering embers of a midnight fire, wherever hardened space dogs gather to drink fermented vegetable products and compete in tales of blood-chilling terror!";)

9. H00513R macrumors 6502a

H00513R

10. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

Unfortunately, it's not illegal here in Utah. In fact, a large part of our economy is built around these schemes. :eek:

P-Worm

11. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

That varies state by state. In Colorado that may not be the case. What I have to know is if the OP's parents actually make any dough from this, if so, is it enough and what will the OP earn because in the end this is just another ******** attempt to get rich quick that results in someone else getting rich.

12. MattSepeta macrumors 65816

MattSepeta

Mlm

I was skeptical, then I met a couple that makes a good living through being involved in multiple MLM companies.

But like everyone else said, they are the exception to the rule, I would imagine.

Steer clear and invest your time/money in something real.

13. millerj123 macrumors 6502a

It's been over a year. I guess we could just ask dukebound if he ever did it...