Multi machine user...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by smilinmonki666, Dec 16, 2009.

1. smilinmonki666 macrumors regular

Ok, I'm hoping this is the right area. My dad recently brought a MacBook Pro... but I get the chance to steal this to take to clients. What I would like to do is to use my license for software I use on both the laptop & my machine, can I duplicate the user or migrate the user to the laptop & sync the info when in the same wifi location of my iMac. I know there is iDisk but I'm not paying for that service. I would like to mirror my iMac desktop on the laptop. I'm sure this can be done.

Can anyone help...

Many thanks

2. jman240 macrumors 6502a

3. smilinmonki666 thread starter macrumors regular

What about the user part, can I have my user on the laptop with all of my applications on there? Some require a license, & the only I can do this legally is to have them under my user name. I can just create a user by duplicating this on the laptop & the have drop box installed i suppose but it would be nice to duplicate this across the machines.

My next question is more advanced..

Once business becomes more profitable, I would like to get a mac mini server. Would I then be able to have all of the users of the mac mini & log on to it from anywhere with VPN or similar...?