Multi Pass render engine for a Mac?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by FR0STY, Dec 28, 2009.

1. FR0STY macrumors newbie

Lately I have been experimenting with my quality on YouTube. It used to be absolutely terrible, but I have been trying new render settings in Adobe After Effects, and I have gotten some AMAZING quality, but I am still having a problem, when you play it in the "1080p HD" setting on YouTube, it is VERY choppy/laggy. I have asked some of my friends to watch it and see if it is better for them, but it is not. One of my really good friends told me to render it Sony Vegas, but to my knowledge, that isn't available on a Mac. Then he told me to try and find a multi-pass render engine, that is capable of rendering/encoding in HD.

Well, I have been looking for hours now, and no luck. So if anyone knows of any render engine that will do this, or knows what to do, please let me know.

Here is a picture of what settings I have been using (F4v [H.264]) Preset with an adjusted bitrate:

Attached Files:

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

You could render it via AE to a video file with not so much compression, AIC or ProRes, and then use MPEG Streamclip to make a multi-pass H264 video file.

How do you watch 1080p video via YouTube?

The lagging also might be due to CPU restrictions as YT uses Flash to embed their videos, and 1080p is foxing big.

3. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

4. xStep macrumors 68000

Sounds normal.

If your rendered file plays fine on your computer, then I suspect the YouTube playback tool and maybe their conversion. Seems they are still experimenting with this option.

The other thing to remember is to not change the fps. If the project is 24fps, then do the export that way. Ditto for 30fps, or 29.97, etc.