Multi phone owners - question on managing them

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by maflynn, Apr 27, 2015.

1. maflynn, Apr 27, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2015

maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Quick question on those who own one more then one phone, how do you guys (or gals) manage them? Do you have a different line for each phone, or do you swap your sim from phone to phone?

I ask, because I have the Lumia for my kids, though I enjoy using it more then they do. I had been swapping the sim before getting a sim for that phone.

I'm just curious :D

2. Jibbajabba macrumors 65816

Was always wondering myself. Some people seem to have three or more. I'd be way too lazy to swap SIMs and I don't think we got providers in the UK allowing multiple SIMs with the same number.

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Vodafone (and Three) have very simple automated activation system of sim cards. So I get a new phone I make a record of the sim card number - simply put a new sim in my phone, leave it there. When I want to use it - I ring from my currently active phone and activate the new sim. I restart my phone and that phone is now my active phone. Takes a minute to do and means I don't have to keep putting in and out sim cards.

4. jamezr macrumors G3

jamezr

For me I have multiple lines. So i always have an upgrade available for a new phone! :p

For my daily driver phone I swap sims. I have 3 phones setup exactly like eachother so I can pop in a sim and go.

5. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

I have 2 lines (one work, one personal) and have my contacts setup on 2 different accounts, so I just make sure I'm signed in o the correct one account on the correct line. I use SMS backup to make sure messages are synced, and will swap Sims when need be.