Multi Room Airplay Feature???

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by siroht, Feb 6, 2014.

1. siroht macrumors member

Ok guys I'm back with another question after searching extensively on Mac Rumors with no success. Please forgive me if somehow I missed a discussion that would have helped me with my questions.

I recently Purchased 2 Pioneer A4 wireless speakers(Airplay Compatible) and I searched for hours, watching videos and reading articles on a way to initiate a wireless stream from my IOS device(one music source) to both speakers simultaneously. I'm aware that I can utilize iTunes solely, or even the Remote app to control iTunes on my computer. However using iTunes on my computer kind of defeats the purpose for me at least, because whenever I want to change playlists, songs etc...I'm required to go to the location of the computer. I've tried Remote app with mixed results, my iPad/iPhone times out or auto locks and when I attempt to change a song after unlocking it somehow I can't connect to iTunes unless I uncheck home sharing and re-enable it, which then requires I go through the entire iTunes iPhone handshake process.

Furthermore Pioneer advertises their product as a multi room product, however they don't specifically mention if this feature is independent or solely tied to the Remote App/iTunes way. I've even downloaded their ControllApp and it doesn't allow me to connect to both devices at the same time, only one device at a time. I read somewhere about the Whaale App and gave it a spin and it has too many limitations, and it doesn't offer integration with Spotify and Beats(my 2 streaming services). I don't have a Mac so Airfoil isn't a option.

As you can see I have been researching this topic, and decided that Mac Rumors would be my final destination for a definite answer. If it can't be done I will just learn to deal with it in its current form, however, If I can find a way to accomplish this it will be a god send. I'm stuck like chuck at this point with no more ideas on how to stream one music source from Beats/Spotify to 2 wireless speakers.

Side question... Why hasn't Apple baked multi room air display in IOS? Is it a hardware limitation?

Thanks for reading.

2. siroht thread starter macrumors member

3. From A Buick 8, Feb 6, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2014

From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

4. erikbailey macrumors newbie

Try Whaale - although ugly and confusing, it DOES work!

5. siroht thread starter macrumors member

Thanks...I did try it out but it's tied to services I don't use (I use Beats/Spotify). Whaale claim that additional support is coming down the pipeline for mainstream streaming services.

----------

Appreciate your response!! Guess I will continue to be tied to iTunes/Remote app for wireless control. Also might have to give iTunes Radio a spin to see if it's a service that can potentially replace Beats/Spotify. If I end up liking iTunes Radio I believe I can deal with the Remote App to ITunes control.

Here's hoping that Apple will one day add Airplay multi room function to IOS.:)