Multi-slot Card Reader Help

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Fujikon, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Fujikon macrumors member

My 13" MBP is my first Mac, when using a multi-slot card reader, I notice that not all slots show up as discs. For example, in my PC, each slot is assigned a drive but on the Mac, it only shows one. I want to transfer files from one card to another using the same card reader but can't do it. Is this issue where only one slot shows up normal Mac functionality? Thanks in advance for any insight you kind folks can provide.

P.S. I am using a Sandisk Extreme USB 2.0 card reader.

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

The Mac does not use drive numbers. I'm not sure if the readers can even recognize presence of two cards in the readr at the same time. If the reader can do it, then you would see two drives mounted in devices.

3. Fujikon thread starter macrumors member

Thanks. I'll try the reader on another Mac when I get the chance. When it's on the PC, it works fine however and I'm sure I can transfer files from different slots with the PC as well.

4. old-wiz macrumors G3

If the PC can see access multiple cards at a time, then the Mac should be able to do the same thing. I have one of the external readers, but I only have one type of card to use in it.