Multi tasking... again

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Marine0621, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Marine0621 macrumors member

Ok so with the introduction of Samsung Galaxy 3 and the Samsung Galaxy Note why on Earth is Apple dragging its feet with TRUE multitasking on at least the iPad which can more than handle it? I'm not saying I need to be able to view a video while doing something else ie. Galaxy 3 but as far as school goes, being able to view the internet while in a Note document would be tremendously helpful. Or having a book open while using Notes. It just makes no sense and yet iOS6 STILL doesn't include this. GRanted this is still going on but something this big would have been mentioned by now.

2. ZZ Bottom macrumors 6502a

People like yourself seem to be the minority. I've seen many similar posts where people dump on the idea of multitasking side by side on an iPad size screen. We we're fully capable of it on 10" netbooks with lower resolution, so clearly it can be done decently on an iPad. Obviously there is ZERO chance until iOS 7 next year. Until then keep swiping back and forth incessantly just to perform simple student tasks.

3. dchao macrumors 6502a

BB playbook sports a true multi tasking OS. See what happen to them! :D

4. Marine0621 thread starter macrumors member

I just don't understand how anyone can say that you SHOULDN't have true multitasking on the iPad. It just boggles my mind. I like Apple products and all that but honestly with the stuff coming out or is out I am thinking of switching. It's ridiculous the things you can't do with Apple but can with any product. Hell, why can't I use my iTunes off the phone for ringtones!? Why do I need to go thru 10 steps on a computer thru iTunes in order to get a ringtone!? I used to do this with my phone in high school back in 1999.

5. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Why does the why matter? If multitasking's a deal breaker then understanding why isn't going to make you change your mind and settle, is it? Use what works for you.

Not everyone shares your particular priorities (or any one person's particular priorities). That really shouldn't boggle the mind. Again, use what works for you.

6. augustya, Sep 13, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2012

augustya macrumors 68000

augustya

Yep have heard a lot about this BB would do Multi-Tasking much much better than any of the devices out there, and look what happened to it. It is not even heard now !!