Multi-Tasking Freezing anyone seen this

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Wicked1, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

I was moving along with some apps this morning, and it seems lately when I enable Multi Tasking then try to close some applications, my phone just freezes, I can not turn it off, basically can not do anything shy of putting it down and waiting anywhere from 2-5 minutes for it to come back to life.

This happens at least once per day but I am not sure if this is something related to the software or if someone else has seen this?

2. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

This happened to me twice, but not with multitasking but with spotlight. It just pushed the sleep button and home button at the same time and I didn't stop until it went off. Than I turned it on again.

3. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

When you press the "(-)" pretty fast mine hangs for a good 30+ seconds. I just close them slower. Thinking its a lame bug.

4. Snowman3459 macrumors 6502a

Yeah this has happened about 3 times to me.

1st time I had to restart my phone, 2nd time I waited about 30 seconds and it unfroze, 3rd time I had to restart.

Little annoying but it doesn't happen every time.

5. Wicked1 thread starter macrumors 68040

Wicked1

THat's exactly what happens to me everytime I try to close them, so now I just leave them alone, or close them when I have nothing better to do sitting at home.

Thanks All I thought it was me :rolleyes:

6. Tito Georgie macrumors 6502

Tito Georgie

That happen to me with my 3GS on 4.0 but on my iPhone 4 I close them pretty fast and hasn't happen once.

7. Richard Peters macrumors regular

Richard Peters

Yep had this a few times. Tends to be if you close them too fast although once it did it on the first one I clicked on.

Can be annoying so hopefully they'll fix soon (although, not had it happen yet wince the 4.0.1 update).

8. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

Just wondering...why do you guys use the close button? I have only used it when testing my apps. In actually using my phone I haven't used it once.

9. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

Why not, otherwise you have stuff running in your ram.

10. WardC macrumors 68030

WardC

This is an issue with the 3G and 3GS only, the iPhone 4 doesn't have this issue. When closing apps on my iPhone 4, after double clicking the home button, I can close about 15 apps on my phone in under 5 seconds, really speedy, just click the red minus sign. It never hangs or freezes, at all, just instantly closes the apps.

11. triptyx macrumors member

triptyx