multi-tasking on ipad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by blastingas10, Jun 1, 2012.

1. blastingas10 macrumors member

So can you play music on pandora and browse the internet at the same time? Or listen to music that you have on the ipads ipod and browse the internet at the same time? Just to be clear, I'm talking about the ipad2 and 3.

2. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

You can do it on the iPad 1 as well, and on iPhones. Streaming audio in the background is pretty straightforward in iOS.

3. blastingas10 thread starter macrumors member

I thought so but Im pretty sure I heard someone say you couldn't, which really surprised me. I just got paid today, so I'm just asking some last minute questions because I think I'm going to buy one today.

4. madat42 macrumors regular

Plain and simple, that person doesn't know what the iPad can do.

5. Kyllle macrumors 6502

They were probably talking about multitasking as in viewing two apps at the same time, which you can't do. However, you can run many apps (such as audio apps) in the background.

6. mrholder macrumors regular

You won't regret the purchase. I found it easier to multitask by turning on gestures in settings. You can easily swipe between apps with 4 fingers and yeah, most apps are set up to allow music to play in the background.

7. blastingas10 thread starter macrumors member

Now just to decide if I want white or black. That seems to be a tougher decision than It should be.

I think im gonna go with the 32gb ipad2 over the 3 with 16gb. I would go with the 32gb iPad 3 but that extra 100 dollars does make a big difference for me.

8. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

If your budget is that tight, be sure to consider what kind of case you might want (even if you're not worried about protecting it, you might want a case as a stand or to make it easier to hold) and a budget for apps.

9. blastingas10, Jun 1, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2012

blastingas10 thread starter macrumors member

It's not THAT tight, but I'm not going to spend all that much on a case. And I'm not worried about apps, I'm not going to have that many. It's just that I don't get paid again for 2 more weeks, and I could get the apogee jam with that extra hundred dollars id have to spend on the iPad 3. And the apogee jam is a must have for me. I also don't think the iPad3 is really worth the extra hundred.

If I'm going to drop an extra hundred, I might as well get the 64gb iPad 2. I think double gb's I worth it more than the better screen and camera. I'm not going to be taking many pictures or watching many movies on my iPad.

10. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

LOL, that's what you think now. ;) But then you'll want to see just how much this baby can do... And oh, that one is on sale... And I've heard great things about this one... I've spent at least $150 on apps in the past year (might be approaching $200), and I thought the $50 gift card I bought with the iPad would last me forever!

11. Simacca macrumors 6502a

Simacca

If your not going to have many app, pictures or movies, why are you worried about extra gb's? You may as well go for the iPad 3 16gb.

12. 3dflyboy1 macrumors 6502

Jailbreak+quasar! :D

13. NatefromRI macrumors newbie

I personally would get the 2 w/32GB vs the 3 w/16GB. The 2 is still a sweet iPad. Yes, the camera is better, but honestly I think the iPad is the wrong form factor for taking photos regularly.

The HD display is amazing, but the iPad 2 is still very good.