Multi-threaded download manager for safari 64 bit

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by songcunzhi, Nov 5, 2009.

1. songcunzhi macrumors member

songcunzhi

Hi. I wonder if there is a multi-threaded download manager for safari 64 bit in snow leopard. I used to go with igetter on 10.5. But it doesn't work with 64 bit safari. Any suggestion?:confused: Thanks in advance.

2. davidcmc macrumors regular

I second that.
    Want something that downloads with multi-connections mode like Free Download Manager, Orbit, Download Accelerator etc.

Speed Download is paid. Any free one?

3. songcunzhi thread starter macrumors member

songcunzhi

Igetter is almost free. The only thing you pay is to close the pop-up window. I tried the trail version of speed download today. I had no idea how to make it integrate with safari 64 bit.

4. davidcmc macrumors regular

Is it possible to run Safari in 32bits mode?

5. rodman109110 macrumors 6502

Yeah, right click the safari icon in you application folder, click get info, and check the box that says open in 32 bit mode.

6. songcunzhi thread starter macrumors member

songcunzhi

I see. Will this make igetter work?

7. davidcmc macrumors regular

Tell me after you try that. :D

8. rodman109110 macrumors 6502

not sure about iGetter but i was using Safari in 32bit mode with some other plugin and it worked fine. If it doesn't work just change it back to 64 bit mode. Nothing will happen by running it in 32bit mode.

9. songcunzhi thread starter macrumors member

songcunzhi

Yeah. For now I don't feel any difference between 32 bit and 64 bit browser. I should go back to 32-bit. Be back until most the plug-ins update themselves.

By the way, what do u use to download some large files, say 2GB or more? Do u grab them down by the native download manager of safari?

10. rodman109110 macrumors 6502

i can't say that i have ever downloaded that big of a file via safari, but i just use the default download manager.