Multi Touch Gestures We'd Like to see...

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by jimckimmel, Jul 22, 2011.

1. jimckimmel macrumors member

I thought it would be interesting to see what additional gestures people would want. For me, there are two glaring items missing:

1. A gesture to open a Finder window (I saw some discussion here on this). With Mission Control, Launchpad and Spotlight, I don't really need the Dock anymore except to open a window to find a file (I suppose I could use spotlight for this, too, but sometimes I want to browse a particular folder). Not sure what the gesture would be (one finger in a circle motion?), though...

2. In Safari (especially full screen mode), I really like the two finger swipe to move back and forth on a website. But, what I'd really like is the ability to move between tabs. Again, not sure what this would look like for a gesture (maybe a four finger swipe??), though...

Any others?

2. sine-nomine macrumors regular

I've long wanted a gesture to close windows, maybe by drawing an "x" on the trackpad?

The gestural tab-switching sounds nice, too.

3. hollerz macrumors 6502a

hollerz

New Finder window would be very cool!

I'd also like one to go to and from full screen.

4. Toshiaki macrumors newbie

5. hollerz macrumors 6502a

hollerz

Well that's taken care of both my requests :D

6. msmith2112 macrumors 6502

msmith2112

Is it Lion-ready, yet? Also, it BTT better than MagicPrefs?

7. aresinferno macrumors regular

It has been since before the release of Lion.

8. JTToft macrumors 68040

- I second that. One can achieve nearly anything with that piece of software!

However, it doesn't seem to work all that great if you are using Lion's built-in gestures. For instance, three finger swipe up in Lion is Mission Control. I tried to use BTT to change the slightly weird four finger pinch (show desktop) to the four finger swipe up that I've grown accostumed to, but that seems to conflict with the three finger swipe up for Mission control...

9. aresinferno macrumors regular

Then change it to a 4-finger swipe down in BTT. I have pretty much disabled all of the advanced trackpad settings in favor for setting it up in BTT the way I want. There is a short delay before you can use gestures with BTT but other than that it works perfectly.

10. msmith2112 macrumors 6502

msmith2112

Thanks! It seems it's really useful for the Trackpad, but not as much so for the MM.

The main one i wanted was a quick way to activate Dashboard (i don't like using DB as a "space"), without using Hot Corners.

11. JTToft macrumors 68040

- I tried that. It just doesn't seem to work very well. Do you mind uploading some screenshots of your settings (BTT and System Preferences Trackpad)? I would like to see how you manage.

12. tehn00p macrumors member

Does anyone know how to enable both two finger tap and bottom right corner for secondary click like you could in 10.6? I used to use both all the time but now it's just annoying :mad: tried BTT to enable bottom right click but the area it picks up is smaller than the area you get with default apple settings :(