Multi Touch mouse Mobi battery problem

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by patseguin, Jul 8, 2014.

1. patseguin macrumors 68000

patseguin

A couple years ago, I bought one of those Mobi kits that has a rechargeable battery pack that replaces the stock back and charges wirelessly on a little pad. Lately, I've noticed that the charge is stuck at 74%. I can see the charging light while it's charging and then it's green when it's fully charged. Does those rechargeable Mobi devices have a finite battery life which is why it won't reach 100%? Can I replace the rechargeable batteries in it or am I better off just using normal batteries and replace them when they die?

2. hfg macrumors 68040

hfg

Like any rechargeable battery, they do wear out.

I have replaced the original cells in mine with standard AAA Eneloops when they started having charge retention issues. It is easily done with a small screwdriver to remove the top of the battery enclosure box.

3. patseguin thread starter macrumors 68000

patseguin

OK thanks for the info. I wasn't sure if standard rechargeable batteries like Energizer or Duracell would work with wireless charging. I have several of those in AAA already.

4. hfg macrumors 68040

hfg

If those are NiMH rechargeable, they should work just fine. I like the precharged Sanyo "Eneloops" because they are low self-discharge so they last a long time with no or low usage such as the mouse.

I wouldn't recommend NiCd for this application.