Multi-touch trackpad in MacBook Air

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by sandd13, Aug 27, 2013.

1. sandd13 macrumors newbie

I just got a MacBook Air 2013 and the finger tap/gestures doesn't seem to work on the trackpad. I think I have enabled these functions on the trackpad menu. Could there be other methods in enabling that I do not know about? Would appreciate you advice.

2. nick42983 macrumors 6502

nick42983

Double check your settings:

Attached Files:

3. sandd13 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi Nick, I've done that. Ticked the functions i like enabled. I am referring to the built in trackpad though, not the wireless one just to be clear. I am thinking of taking it to the shop I bought it from as it could be a defect, but before I do that, I also want to make sure I try everything possible. SO is that the only way to enable it right?

4. Doublea6 macrumors regular

Doublea6

Everything about the trackpad should be in the settings under trackpad. If those are all checked then it should be working fine. I'm pretty sure the demonstrations are just shown on the trackpad or something too.

5. sandd13 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks! It's strnage i know i've ticked and unticked and ticked them all again and it worked! :D

6. krazykleo macrumors regular

I find it that sometimes I have to tap it a few times because I am not tapping it 'hard' enough lol.

7. Doublea6 macrumors regular

Doublea6

Well hopefully it keeps on working! Good luck. Have fun with the new machine.

8. DisplacedMic macrumors 65816

i know you've resolved this but don't forget to go into accessibility and turn on tap to drag... for some inexplicable reason apple stuck that setting in there instead of under the tracpad settings...

i use that feature all the time...

ok i'm going to hit submit and get out of this thread before i start complaining about how they moved the trackpad BACKWARDS from SL to L & ML...

whoops, too late:p