Multi-Touch Trackpad issue - help please?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by sfgiants320, Jan 1, 2009.

1. sfgiants320 macrumors member

Hi,

I bought an Aluminum MacBook (base model [2.0 GHz] with upgraded 250 GB HDD) in mid-November. After about a week of use, I somehow lost the ability to use the three-finger left swipe on my trackpad (used to navigate "back" in Safari, previous photo in iPhoto, etc.) in some programs. For example, it doesn't work in iPhoto or Safari, but works to go back to the previous folder in Finder. Oddly enough, all other gestures on the trackpad work perfectly in all programs--including Pinch-to-Zoom, two-finger right click, two-finger scroll, the four finger Expose feature, and the three-finger forward swipe. I have tried updating my trackpad via Trackpad Firmware Update (which doesn't work, as it's already updated to the latest version) and don't have anything like Multi-Clutch installed. What should I do?

2. petermcphee macrumors 6502a

petermcphee

There was a software update that fixed some trackpad issues... Have you installed software updates in a while?

3. sfgiants320 thread starter macrumors member

Yep, my Mac is completely up-to-date.

4. sfgiants320 thread starter macrumors member

5. sfgiants320 thread starter macrumors member

So yeah, I guess whenever I swipe left with three fingers the current window hides (just like I was hitting command-H). Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

6. Lamplighter77 macrumors member

sfgiants320, did you ever figure anything out with this? I have had my macbook for about 8 months and today all of the three and four finger swipes just stopped working. Anybody heard anything about this?

7. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Do you have something like MultiClutch installed? It'll be on the bottom row of your System Preferences...

8. Lamplighter77 macrumors member

No i didnt install anything. As far as I know nothing was changed. It just didnt work when I started up safari today. It was working last night just fine.

9. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

My question was directed at the OP. For your case, are the options still checked in the system preferences trackpad pane? If they are, try resetting your SMC.

Edit: Jeebus...I didn't realize the OP's posts were from 1.2009, whooops...haha