Multi-touch trackpad slow to release?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mad Mac, Jun 21, 2008.

1. Mad Mac macrumors regular

Just got a new Macbook Pro and my love/hate with Apple continues. One thing that's driving me crazy is the multi-touch trackpad. When I double tap to drag something such as a window, a volume slider, etc., it takes an extra second to release it after I'm done dragging. :confused:

For example: when I double tap the trackpad to drag a window somewhere, quickly lift my finger off the trackpad and then put my finger back on the trackpad to move the cursor, the window that I was moving is still "active" and thus moves with the cursor. This is especially annoying when moving volume sliders.

I have never used a trackpad on any other laptop that makes you wait a second to release the item being dragged. I've searched all over the trackpad options but there doesn't seem to be a way to adjust this. Is this normal behavior? Is there a way to adjust this behavior somewhere?

2. hamis92 macrumors 6502

It's normal and it happens on my MacBook too (that's why I like to use the trackpad button when dragging things). If you reach the edge of the trackpad while dragging you can reposition your fingers and then continue dragging. I think it must be for that.

3. Tex-Twil macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

Hello,
    I got my MBP yestarday and this thing is also annoying me. I guess that hamis92 is right my it would be nice to be able to configure it. Is that possible ?