Multi-Touch trackpad - Views?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by iKennett, Nov 2, 2008.

1. iKennett macrumors 6502

I LOVE the new trackpad, it makes using the computer in general very easy!

I do however find myself using it as if its the old style, using my finger to navigate and thumb to click!

How is everyone else finding it?

Scrolling webpages is wicked!

2. Grogs macrumors newbie

I'm loving it. I think there was a bit of speculation after the announcement a few weeks ago that having 4 finger gestures was just too much and they just wouldn't be used or whatever... They were rather wrong. I find myself using three finger swipe all the time in Finder and Firefox (using MultiClutch). I even have Firefox setup to close tabs, and undo last close, using the pinch motions which is pretty useful (along with rotate for change changing tabs).

I never use the four finger left/right slipes, would like to be able to use through with Spaces.

These gestures are just one of the things making my first experience with a mac computer very good. :D:apple:

3. Ramius macrumors 6502

I use the four finger functionality all the time, with the exposé. Much easier than the old ways to quickly switch programs and get an overview of whats running.

I wish you could customize it a bit more though. Like using the zoom-function for pictures on webpages as well.

The design is great, I'm all for less buttons, BUT!.. I thought they would make it much better than it is. I heard the whole thing was going to be a button, and thats not the case.

It's way too hard to press it on the upper part. And really, the resistance of the button varies all over the pad, which is not good. I also don't like the clicking itself. It should be much smoother, like joypad buttons.