Multi Track Video Editing

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by yoyo5280, Dec 5, 2008.

1. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

Hey!

I was asked to film and edit the official DVD for my schools christmas concert which is for me, an honour.

I filmed using my very old (10 years at least) Sony handycam as well as a fancy HD camera, which just so happened to fail halfway through.

So basically I have two video tracks that I want to edit simultaneously. Is there any cheap iMovie 06 esque apps/plugins i can find?

my budget is very very tight. like 1,000¥ tight.

also I am very worried about the contrast of low quality picture and high quality picture :s...what should I do?

Thanks

2. MrLatte23 macrumors regular

Final Cut Express...

performs Multi-track editing, but not multi-cam editing where you can cut between synchronized tracks. Not sure what the exchange rate for 1000 Yen is these days but FCX is about $199 USD.

Since the whole show is shot with the lesser of the two cameras, you might be forced to dumb-down the HD footage so at least the show will be consistent. Cutting between the two for half the show without minimizing the difference could be more distracting and take-away from the show. Unfortunately it's more costly to up-convert DV footage.

3. yoyo5280 thread starter macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

1,000 Yen is pretty much 10 dollars! :p

I have looked into FCE but I don't think I will be able to afford it before this project....

How do I dumbdown the HD footage, just a little bit. I already didn't film in full HD.