Multiclip Synching Issue (FCP)

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by chilipie, Apr 24, 2007.

1. chilipie macrumors 6502a

chilipie

I've got two clips (of a slightly different lengths, but the same in point), and am trying to make them into a multiclip. Whenever I do so however, the video on the left track is no longer in synch with all of the audio and the second video track.

If I play said clip in the viewer, though, the audio and video remain in synch.

I'm really not that experienced with FCP, and am mighty confused right now :rolleyes:

Thanks for any help

2. chilipie thread starter macrumors 6502a

chilipie

3. chilipie thread starter macrumors 6502a

chilipie

Maybe I need to explain a little better...

The picture below shows what it looks like in the timeline - there are two clips from each camera, two of which are the same length but one is slightly longer than the clip from the other camera. This is all in sync - if I play through it with all of the audio turned on, it sounds fine.

[​IMG]

If I play the individual clips in the Viewer, they start in the same place - yet as soon as I combine two of them to make a multiclip, the two cameras are no longer in sync with each other - the camera on stage left is at least 30 seconds behind the second cam.

I'm really stuck for ideas here - whatever is going wrong seems to be happening when I make a multiclip, and as I've used them about once before... :rolleyes:

Any help would be really appreciated :)

Thanks

4. Espnetboy3 macrumors 6502

I have fcp 4.5. I believe multiclips and editing multi cams is only available from 5 and up correct? Also I totally drew a blank how can you add the short cuts to the timeline bar on top? Thanks

5. chilipie thread starter macrumors 6502a

chilipie

Espnetboy - I'm not sure what version multiclips were introduce, but I'm using (I think!) 5.1.2, if that helps.

If you can't use multiclips in 4.5 it won't help much, but to get them up it's something like Tools > Button Bars > Multiclips.

Regards,
    Ollie

6. Rod Rod macrumors 68020

Rod Rod

how about trying to make two multiclips -- one for the first half and another for the second half of the program? it could be that the gap between 01 and 02 is affecting the synch.

7. asmith3006 macrumors member

Never used FCP but try marking an in-point on both clips at the same time (not timecode in the clip but at the same time as in event) and then make a multiclip of that.

I'd guess you can't make a multiclip with gaps in it unless you have timecode so you'll have to make two groups, one for the first part and one for the second