Multifl0w updated - Expose like app switching

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by Dorkington, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Dorkington macrumors 6502a

http://www.tipb.com/2010/08/23/multifl0w-brings-exposstyle-app-switching-iphone-ipad/

For iPhone and iPad.

I probably don't care to replace ProSwitcher on my iPhone (Still running 3.1.2, no interest in iOS4 yet). But for iPad this looks promising.

My biggest issue is I use ProSwitcher on my iPad because I like that it has the dock available under activation. In my dock I have a folder for all my apps, so I don't really need to leave an app to switch to a new app.

BUT, I'm severely tempted :)

Anyone try it yet?

2. Dorkington thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well, I just tried it.

It's very nice, but I'm not sure if it's what I want.

If they enable the Dock to be visible when in multiflow, or if they put in a springboard card, I'll be happier.

3. newdeal macrumors 68020

What i rally want is this app to be proswitcher just with multiple cards visible at one time. I like the dock visible and i like making proswitcher replace my home screen. I no longer have any icons on springboard it's all done with folders and infinidock

4. Dorkington thread starter macrumors 6502a

Exactly, that's what I do myself.

This is very slick, and I will be fully happy if they simply enable the dock when in Expose view (at least on the iPad.. the iPhone might not have enough screen real estate).

5. redknives macrumors member

Bought Multifl0w - went back to Proswitcher. Nice but too many crashes.

6. atomicbatteries macrumors 6502

do you use the beta pro switcher with the beta tag that comes up all the time?

7. redknives macrumors member

Yep. I don't reboot that often so it's not much of an issue for me. Even with no open apps, Multifl0w crashing several different browsers. The end of the line was when I couldn't use Air Video, Stream to Me, or Cydia.

8. tdream macrumors 65816

first app to make my iphone4 crash into safe mode and doesn't show more than 9 apps at a time

9. Outrigger macrumors 68000

Outrigger

so based on his tweet, does it mean the author will be making an ios4 version available pro switcher this week?

10. HiFiGuy528 macrumors 68000

HiFiGuy528

11. Mitchrapp macrumors 6502a

I've been using it with no problems, yet. As stated above I wish they enable the dock while in exposé view.

Also I have it activated by hold home screen so I wish they had a slide like circuitous to activate it by holding home for a shorter period.

12. greezychicken macrumors member

I installed this and love the app and the Expose. But unfortunately, I've experienced too many crashes with it for my liking and ultimately uninstalled it and went back to Circuituos which has been super stable for me. If a bugfix update comes out for Multifl0w I'd definitely hop back.

13. jaysire macrumors newbie

I had the exact same experience. Installed it, loved it, had too many crashes and ultimately uninstalled it. What a shame.

14. Dorkington thread starter macrumors 6502a

I am now using both ProSwitcher and Multifl0w, at least until Multifl0w gets a visible dock.

Single tap of the home button brings up ProSwitcher, automatic backgrounding by default enabled.

Hold the home button brings up Multifl0w, so if I have a lot of apps open it lets me close things/switch/see whats open very quickly.

Best of both worlds. :)

15. Charybdis3 macrumors newbie

Hey,

Good news guys, update! I found what was causing ~99% of the crashes. Everyone is reporting that it's way more stable, I'd recommend everyone updates in Cydia for a much more pleasant experience. :D

~Aaron

16. Dorkington thread starter macrumors 6502a

I never had any crashing problems... but I did have problems with functionality.

Enable the dock to be visible and clickable while in multifl0w (like proswitcher) and I'll be a happy camper.

Other bug that needs be fixed, is various orientation bugs.