Multifl0w vs SwitcherMod - your advice needed

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by ZZ Bottom, Aug 25, 2011.

1. ZZ Bottom macrumors 6502a

Hey all, I would love some advice on which multitask modification people are finding more suitable.

Anyone who has Multifl0w, do you notice any system lag that didn't exist prior to install?

Thanks

2. ClearRPG macrumors member

SwitcherMod definitely. Multifl0w has glitched and lagged for me in the past.

3. ZZ Bottom thread starter macrumors 6502a

Okay so I ended up buying Multifl0w after watching some reviews, and I am planning to uninstall it. It doesn't appear to behave as it should even after a full restart. Example: tapping on black area (background) in expose or card view doesn't jump back to springboard like it is set to. Another: in card view the orientation of sliding cards and flicking them to close doesn't change when you turn the iPad, so when portrait I flick up to close, in landscape I flick to the left. This just seems sloppy on their part. Also, as someone had pointed out in another thread, the multitouch gestures do not work with multiflow. Four-finger swipe up toggles switcher bar, not expose as it should if your using multiflow.

They obviously have some issues to resolve to make it more compatible with iOS 5 (which will include multi gestures by default).

Switchermod does seem a better complement to the existing multitask system. I guess I was just enamored by the card style of webos.