Multifunc / AIO with Wireless scanning?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by pmonty72782, Jul 21, 2009.

1. pmonty72782 macrumors newbie

Hi -- I recently abandoned an HP officejet pro L7600 series that I had set up to run through an airport. Despite the terrible things one hears about HP, I had a pretty good experience with the machine: didn't consume supplies too quickly, everyone connected easily, the autofeeder on the copier/scanner worked well (usually), the duplexing was magical, etc.

The only complaint I had is that scanning couldn't be done through the network. I had to connect the laptop with the USB, which was annoying (and impossible once it was stolen & replaced with a desktop in the next room).

So... I'm wondering -- any advice as to a good AIO for between $200-350 that does all that the old 7600 did but can also scan to the network? Also considering switching over to B&W -- I mostly print drafts of papers & various journal articles...

Thanks!

2. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

I'm almost certain there is no such device. Your best bet would be to look for printers that have their own network connection, be it wired or wireless. Even then, I think scanning is only to local USB.

3. Pomeroy macrumors 6502

Pomeroy

You should be able to find a Wireless HP Photosmart C7200 All-in-One Printer series in your price range. Does a good job of scanning wirelessly.

4. expergo macrumors regular

The Canon MP620 and MX860 can scan wirelessly.

5. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

Well I'll be darned. Good to know that there are wireless scanners out there.

6. pmonty72782 thread starter macrumors newbie

It's heartening. The options suggested so far are a bit too photo-printery for my tastes and needs. The ADF is necessary. Mostly looking to take journal articles from the library or chapters of books and convert them to PDF. I've got a few emails out to some companies. Will report back on wireless scanning support for OS X.