Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Teaser

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2006
Anyone know of a product/system for the Mac that allows you to create and broadcast multimedia information using a screen format similar to the Bloomberg channel? I vaugely remember seeing something like this a few years back, but maybe not. Would be used internally to broadcast information to the workforce across a corporate intranet.

Thanks,
-dave

demallien

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2005
Teaser said:
Anyone know of a product/system for the Mac that allows you to create and broadcast multimedia information using a screen format similar to the Bloomberg channel? I vaugely remember seeing something like this a few years back, but maybe not. Would be used internally to broadcast information to the workforce across a corporate intranet.

Thanks,
-dave

Hmmm, perhaps. I can't give you a better answer because I have no idea what you mean when you say "a screen format similar to the Bloomberg channel"...

Teaser

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2006
Where the screen is divided up into different zones of video, text and graphics. Similar in format to what most of the news and finacial channels use.

-dave

Sdashiki

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2005
Behind the lens
yo want a product/system to run on a mac that outputs broadcast in a "frame-like" fashion.

if you are using this for broadcast, like the real cable news etc, I suggest looker further than you can here on MR and do technical research. because I think those are either "all in one machines" or large products including software and hardware possibly.

if you are talking about making some video and text you have to look like a news channel, and if there is some sort of template for it, I have no idea. But from scratch its rather simple. That would allow you make something you can plug stuff into, but you cant just type in and hit return and expect it to BAM show up on your CCTV setup.

be a little more detailed in what you are looking for

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.