Multipage PDF

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by TuffLuffJimmy, Nov 10, 2007.

1. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Does anyone know of a good free multipage PDF maker. I have a few pages I have scanned out of a book (all are currently in individual PDF files) and would like to combine them into one file. Is there a free way of doing this? I'm running Tiger right now, and won't be able to install leopard for a few weeks, can anyone confirm that the new preview in Leopard has the capability I am looking for?

2. Lovesong macrumors 65816

Lovesong

Yeah, you can do it in Leopard. Are you sure that you can't do it in Tiger?

Just open both documents in preview, open the drawer, and drag one icon from the drawer to the other PDF's drawer.

3. TuffLuffJimmy thread starter macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

In tiger that keeps each individual image as its own file, the drawer is just a way of organizing. And I have each page saved as PDF's which for some reason cannot be combined into one drawer.

4. smartalic34 macrumors 6502a

smartalic34

5. TuffLuffJimmy thread starter macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Thanks that's exactly what I was looking for!

6. snickelfritz macrumors 65816

snickelfritz

Automator in Leopard has built-in workflow components for creating a multipage PDF from selected images or single page PDF files.

You can use this to create a "Finder Plugin" (select files; right-click and choose the plugin) or "Folder Action" (drop files in folder; action runs).