Multiplayer Games

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by blubox, Jul 22, 2008.

1. blubox macrumors member

Do you think anyone will ever develop a game that can be played with two or more iPhones or iPod Touches?

Thanks for your time.

2. Xavier macrumors 68020

I know you can play Apple's Hold 'em game with other iPhone/iPod Touch users. You just need to be on the same internet connection.

3. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

Same with Battle at Sea. My brother and I have been playing together the past couple of days.

4. blubox thread starter macrumors member

Nice. I will look into these. Are there any others?

5. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

I heard that Scrabble may be implementing this feature in a future update, but I'm not sure when.

6. mattmccarty macrumors member

mattmccarty

3-D Vector Pong has multiplayer support. A new update should be out soon to fix some of the problems in the game.

Its pretty fun to play and worth the price.

App Store Link

Update: Just talked to the developer and the update has been submitted to Apple, any day now before its released.

7. diesel macrumors 6502a

There is another texas holdem poker game called multiplayer championship poker or something like that by realdice which allows for multiplayer over the internet via edge/3g signal/wifi. This means you can play against anyone else with the game from your cell signal.

I like it because you can play not only against other iphone owners but anyone else on any other cell phone. I was playing against someone with a blackberry and a windows mobile device the other night.

The apple holdem games is tops as far as graphics is concerned but multiplayer championship poker is great for playing against real people. It also has ring games (cash game style which is a different playing style from tournament play), tournaments play, and sit and gos (single table tourneys which is different playing style from multi table tourneys). So in terms of depth and breadth, multiplayer championship poker is tops.

There is a bug in the program however where in the ring games if you are heads up against one opponent, the button is the big blind and acts last pre-flop when in fact the button should be the small blind and act first pre-flop. For any serious holdem player, this is a big deal. I informed the developer and got a response within a day that they would fix it in the next version.

8. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

there are two connect four games in the app store. one allows for random matches online (wifi, 3g or edge), while the other lets you play with other iphone/ipod users within the same wireless network.

9. ianegordon macrumors newbie

Versus Chess

Versus Chess supports two player games via EDGE, 3G or Wi-Fi.
    In fact, it requires it. (All games are played online)

10. blubox thread starter macrumors member

I was wondering if we could revive this thread and list more multiplayer games that have come out.

11. Crevice macrumors regular

Galcon has multiplayer and so does Asphalt Racing...But I have never gotten Asphalt to work

12. JimmyJawn macrumors newbie

JimmyJawn

Scramboni is a free word puzzle game that is a constant online match. It runs 3 big games (at staggered difficulty settings) so it puts you in the same match as your friends. We have a good time with four iPhones taunting eachother during matches and whatnot.

13. wgr73 macrumors 6502a

wgr73

Asphalt is fuuuun!!! I got it going with my brother. He was like 30 sec ahead at the beginning and I came back and whooped his @$$!!! Lol, its a pretty tight game!

14. micheleskyles macrumors newbie

can u tell me how to bring my sound back on Texas Holdem? I've tried everything.