multiple airport express setup

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Jefferyd32, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Jefferyd32 macrumors regular

Over the last year I have been slowly expanding my airtunes setup with the goal of being able to stream music in every room of my house. I currently have 4 AE setup throughout the house and stream music to each with relative few hiccups. I have two other AE that I am having trouble setting up in Airport utility. One is used and I just acquired it and am having a difficult time setting it up. It flashes the amber light but I cannot get it to pop up in airport utility. I have tried resetting it to default settings yet just keep getting the blinking light.(this is the older 1084 model)

The second is the newer N model and this one simply gives me a solid amber light. I believe this one was purchased new, but I used it in my detached garage to stream music and made the mistake of leaving it in the garage in the cold, and it has not worked since.

Anyone out there have any suggestions as to how to get these to pop up in airport utility? My other AE popped up with no problem and gave me minimal headaches, yet these two I just cannot get to work. I am sure it is something simple and any help is much appreciated.

2. AppleNewton macrumors 68000

AppleNewton

try plugging them directly to the main router via Ethernet to set up them on the network see if that might help. Sometimes they can be rather finicky - has happened to me before too when setting up multiple AEX's for some reason, in the end they all worked just fine.

3. Jefferyd32 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, I got the one that had the blinking amber light to connect and work just fine. However, the one that just has the constant amber light is still not working any suggestions?

4. waw74 macrumors 68030

have you tried doing a hard reset on the one that's not working?

from http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3728

5. Jefferyd32 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah no luck with a hard reset either; still just get the solid orange amber light.