Multiple alert on SMS.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by germ war, Sep 24, 2008.

1. germ war macrumors member

Is there any way to turn this off? If I don't check an SMS right after I get it, it beeps again a minute or two later, making me think I have two messages. I'm fine with the single notification.

I see nothing in any of the settings where I can change the number of alerts for an unchecked SMS.

2. mrwizardno2 macrumors 6502a

mrwizardno2

I completely agree! I hate this. It makes me crazy!

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Unfortunately, there is no way to turn it off. Hopefully Apple will change that in a future update.

4. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

before when there wasnt a second notification there were a boatload of threads with people complaining that there wasnt a second alert so they didnt know they had a message. now that apple adds it i've seen a few threads of people complaining that its there...... I guess the only solution is to let users turn it on and off.

5. mappyman macrumors regular

I think there should also be a prompt on the screen where you can dismiss an SMS, since you can read all of a message when it pops up.

6. sir42 macrumors 6502

I'll add my vote to removing this feature. One alert tone is all I need, especially if I'm still asleep!

7. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

I think this sums apple up quite preciesly. However they forget the very last part which is vital.

8. mailerdaemon macrumors member

The worst thing about this 'feature' is that I often receive a second alert even after I've read or replied to the SMS. WTF?