Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RednBlue

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 17, 2013
Reading UK
It recently took me 26 attempts to download the latest public beta 10.10.4 - 25 of them failed at 78MB (this happened to a lot of UK users). I finally solved problem by changing DNS settings, thanks to some help from this board.

However, each time I attempted the download, the App Store added an entry into the updates list, and I now have this update listed 26 times in the App Store 'updates listing' - even though . Does anyone know if I can remove these 'false' listings, and if so, how?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-05-28 at 15.47.42.png
    Screen Shot 2015-05-28 at 15.47.42.png
    1 MB · Views: 117

thebartonfox

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2012
UK
I had the same problem. If you have Xcode installed you can open the updatejournal.plist file located at ~/Library/Application Support/App Store and delete the duplicated entries. I'd imagine other .plist editors would be able to do the same job if you don't have Xcode installed.

RednBlue

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 17, 2013
Reading UK
I had the same problem. If you have Xcode installed you can open the updatejournal.plist file located at ~/Library/Application Support/App Store and delete the duplicated entries. I'd imagine other .plist editors would be able to do the same job if you don't have Xcode installed.
That worked perfectly. Thankyou very much! Easy when you know how!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.