Multiple Apple Ids iMessage

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by Grolubao, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Grolubao macrumors 65816

Grolubao

Hi all,

Recently my company gave us an iPad which we set up with our own company email, thus creating a new apple id for it.

I wanted to be able in my iPad to receive iMessage both from my company email and also my personal one and it says that this apple id is already in use.

Isn't this possible??

2. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

its possible under the same apple ID, yes it can work

3. Grolubao thread starter macrumors 65816

Grolubao

So this means that the second email that I'm trying to add can't be a email associated with another of my apple ids? Meaning I cannot receive iMessages in both apple ids?

This is really inconvenient! I have a company apple ID and my own apple Id and I just wanted to be able to receive iMessages using both emails...

4. GraphicsGeek, Oct 25, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2011

GraphicsGeek macrumors 6502a

Is there a reason why you need to login with your company Apple ID for iMessages? You can login into iMessages with your personal Apple ID and be signed into iTunes (for apps) with your work Apple ID.

5. Grolubao thread starter macrumors 65816

Grolubao

Well, if in my company everybody uses the company email, having it makes it super easy to use iMessage because you can just lookup the email of everyone, but at the same time I would like to receive iMessages from my private contacts

6. tuyentalent macrumors newbie

You can't have two iCloud ID in one device as of now.

7. idkmybffjon macrumors member

you can add multiple apple ids to iMessage. go into the iMessage settings and then under receive at, add any emails that you would like to use with iMessage. the end.