Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jac2598

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
I have had a gen4 Apple TV since around launch. It's all set up the way I want, has the apps I use and it's sitting in our family room.

I've recently acquired a second gen4 and want to have that set up identical to the existing. Is there a process somewhat easily allowing for "cloning" an existing household device?

I also assume there are others who have multiple Apple TV's in their house - how do you handle this situation?

Thanks.

jac2598

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
Thank you for the suggestion. I might have to give this a try.

Rigby

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2008
San Jose, CA
To my knowledge there is no way to clone the existing configuration of an Apple TV. Configurator 2 is useful if you want to deploy multiple Apple TVs, but you'll first have a create a new profile from scratch. It'll also not help with settings for 3rd party apps (like entering passwords in cable-authenticated apps etc.).

Reactions: rezwits

rockyromero

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2015
To my knowledge there is no way to clone the existing configuration of an Apple TV.

Apple may address this in the future when more people start adding more.

I have (2) older model 3, in addition to my model 4.

I'll be upgrading in the near future.

2010mini

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2013
Well you can use your iPhone to set up the Apple TV with your network and Apple ID info via Bluetooth. That should make it a lot easier.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.