Multiple Apple TVs in the same house

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by FireWaterEarthAir, Feb 21, 2016.

1. FireWaterEarthAir macrumors member

FireWaterEarthAir

I would want them to be identical - same apps and organization on both. Is there a way to set things up so that they stay in sync, or will I have to manually download and organize everything twice?

For gaming, would I need a controller for each Apple TV, or could I share the same controller between them?

2. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

I wish. I have 8. Maybe someday via iCloud. One can only hope.

You have to discount controller to pair with another Apple TV with Bluetooth.

3. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

No, no helps for the multiple device user. You even need to sign into each app on each device. It's a pain.

4. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

This system desperately needs some way to manage them. I only have 3 and the lesser used ones always need me to sign into the apps again when someone goes to use them.

This isn't a hobby anymore Apple!

5. ajforbes20 macrumors regular

ajforbes20

Right now I only have one apple tv 4, but I agree they need to create a way to sync the experience between apple tvs. Or set up different users that can have different setups! I will probably get atleast 1 more and it would be nice to have that option. Also I agree they need a better solution for controllers. However I think most people have 1 area that is their gaming area...

6. FireWaterEarthAir thread starter macrumors member

FireWaterEarthAir

Thanks to everyone who replied. That's what I thought, but I was hoping for more. Apple has really dropped the ball on this.

:/

7. jeremysmith214 macrumors newbie

I have hoped for such a thing for years. I have always had multiple Apple TVs since the 1st generation. I hate it doesn't replicate the other.

8. RRmalvado macrumors 6502

Apple should definitively incorporate this into Apple Configurator 2.0.

9. Tech198 macrumors G4

Unfortunately, that what u get with an "app based system" Apple TV 3, while i keep it, it has no app installation, but at least i just use one Apple ID and share through the house, while Apple want people do use Family sharing coming from a security perspective..

Apple should start using with ATV 4 an "Automatic download" option like that do on iOS.. They could since the ATV 4 now supports apps, so any app downloads on one, will install on the other but I think they just want users to use Family sharing.

Kinda strange how that happens.

10. DJLC macrumors 6502a

DJLC

You could get an initial identical config using Apple Configurator. But AFAIK there's no way to keep that in sync.

Also you *could* use the same controller, but as others have mentioned you'd have to disconnect and reconnect it each time on each one.