multiple apple watch in health app (old watch)

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by john991, Nov 9, 2016.

1. john991 macrumors 65816

I noticed in health app, sources, devices I have multiple apple watch listed. (4 to be exact).

I had a series 0 watch and sold it and suspect it is listed there a few times. (probably by pairing and unpairing)

If I select a watch under devices, I see this watch is no longer paired with this iPhone. scrolling down it gives me the option delete all data from Apple Watch.

My issue is if I select delete all data from apple watch, will this delete my health data and / or my health data on my watch?

Thanks

2. john991 thread starter macrumors 65816

So deleting all Watch data will delete data from health app?

Is there a way to remove the old Watch pairings under devices then?

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Not that I know of.

I mean, if you delete the data, the watch will disappear, but if you want to keep the data, you just have to live with it.

If anyone knows otherwise, I'd love to hear it.

4. Jason_G macrumors member

did anyone get to the bottom of this? I have the same question as it seems obvious you'd want to get rid of "orphaned" devices but not the data they provided in the past...

5. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

As far as known the bottom of this is still the same. You can delete one and let us know if anything has changed.:D Also while it is a little bit of clutter in an 'unseen' corner they are not that big of a deal.

6. Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

Deleting a watch out of sources will remove all data associated with that watch. Do not do it unless you don't care. But you will lose calories, steps, activity, achievements, workouts and more. There is no way to remove a source without losing the associated data.

7. Jason_G macrumors member

oh well, already deleted everything except my current phone and watch :eek::oops:

8. Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

My device list is full of watches and iPhones. It kind of bothers me because I like things clean and neat, but definitely not willing to throw away data to satisfy my OCD.

9. Jason_G macrumors member

haha my OCD definitely got the better of me with this! Totally unneccessary!

10. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Why not use a third pasty app like iMazing to backup your health data?

11. Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

How is that related to the topic on hand?

12. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

He can use the app to back up first, the remove the old phones, and if neeed be, restore the health data to the current watch.

13. Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

Doesn’t work like that. The health data is directly within the sources. Whenever you restore a backup, it restores the sources as well. Without the source, the data does not exist. If you go into health and click on any calorie, workout or minute you earned, it shows the source. Removing the source removes all associated health data.