Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fezzzer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 13, 2013
I use an Apple Watch S6 as my main watch with an S3 for use whilst the S6 is charging.

I have a schedule to wake up at 630am using the Apple Sleep App. The issue I've found is this:

If I change the sleep schedule (just for the following day) on the Apple Watch S6 I'm wearing to bed to wake up at 730am, the alarm will go off at 630am on the watch, and the paired iPhone recognises the new schedule. However... the other Apple Watch that will be sitting on the other side of the bedroom will start buzzing with the original alarm at 630am.

Is this because the 'non active' paired watch has no active connection to the phone and therefore doesn't update with the new sleep schedule? The only workaround I've found in this niche case is to turn off the non active watch.

It's really a non issue except I've been woken up unnecessarily early twice (you'd think i'd have learnt after the first time :) ) so wondered what experience others have had in this position?

nicho

macrumors 601
Feb 15, 2008
I use an Apple Watch S6 as my main watch with an S3 for use whilst the S6 is charging.

I have a schedule to wake up at 630am using the Apple Sleep App. The issue I've found is this:

If I change the sleep schedule (just for the following day) on the Apple Watch S6 I'm wearing to bed to wake up at 730am, the alarm will go off at 630am on the watch, and the paired iPhone recognises the new schedule. However... the other Apple Watch that will be sitting on the other side of the bedroom will start buzzing with the original alarm at 630am.

Is this because the 'non active' paired watch has no active connection to the phone and therefore doesn't update with the new sleep schedule? The only workaround I've found in this niche case is to turn off the non active watch.

It's really a non issue except I've been woken up unnecessarily early twice (you'd think i'd have learnt after the first time :) ) so wondered what experience others have had in this position?

That is likely to be the cause. You can disable "sleep" on the S3 if you only ever sleep with your S6 on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.