Multiple Application Files "found" in clone

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by tapple, Feb 3, 2010.

1. tapple macrumors newbie

With assistance from eman and heysparky I used carbon copy clone//made a full clone and an apps clone.

Both clones contain mostly 3 copies (sometimes 2) copies of the applications. The total size of the applications folder seems to be between 80-90GB. That's a lot.

I'm thinking that this is way too big but maybe not.

My first inclination was to go in and start pruning (deleting) duplicate entries (ie keep the first/delete the rest). But then I thought "if it works leave it alone."

Araxis and Auslogics have duplicate file removal programs. What to do? :confused:

2. tapple thread starter macrumors newbie

#1 Q (above) was in error. The multiple files appear (only/always) in the Applications* listings see below:

About This Mac
    More info...
    Software
    Applications
    *Application Name* <here

Again are multiple listings normal (ie they appear in one or more folders)? if not how can I or (even) should I attempt to remove the extras or multiples?

Help.

3. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Don't worry about the duplication in Applications listings. This is normal, due to the way you created your clones - as long as the clone drive(s) is/are mounted, the duplicates will appear.

4. tapple thread starter macrumors newbie

wrldwzrd89..thanks for the turnaround. The apps file seems to be overly large at close to 100GB. If my calculations are more-or-less correct that's about 30GB on top of what apple installed (70GB give or take) on the "new" machines.
    That's that.

An aside, is there anyway to print (get hard copy) of the applications file?