Multiple Audiobook libraries in iTunes?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by missing1, Aug 20, 2008.

1. missing1 macrumors newbie

Hey everyone! Got a question...

My wife and I both have ipods; I have the classic 80GB and she has a nano.

At the moment, she has an iTunes library, and I have my own.

We'd like to combine/share a single iTunes library, which is fine for music - we'll just create different folders and update from those. However, with regard to audiobooks, is it possible to create a 2nd audiobook folder?

The problem being, her nano can only hold a handful of audiobooks with all the music she has, and I have 30GB of audiobooks at the moment.

Can anyone suggest a solution, or are we stuck with the two separate iTunes libraries?

Thanks in advance,
    M

2. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

If you don't mind having extra playlists, you can create a smart playlist for all the music you both share and then create separate playlists for the audiobooks you each want to use. Then instead of syncing all music, you can chose to sync certain playlists and just pick the ones that apply to you.

3. missing1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi there!

Certainly don't mind having additional playlists, but when I created a new one yesterday (to be titled "wifey's audiobooks"), it wouldn't allow me to add audiobooks into the new folder.

Are all folders/playlists "music" folders? Perhaps I was doing something wrong..?

4. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

5. missing1 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks mate - I will be sure to give it a try tonight!