Multiple backups

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ogbotoboy, Sep 10, 2011.

1. ogbotoboy macrumors newbie

Hey I need help getting data from multiple backups (2) onto my iPhone 4 at one time. Basically, I backed my phone up in September of 2010 when I first got it, then I thought I backed it up again before I left for Basic Military Training in February of 2011, but I didn't and all I was left with was an empty "iPod Photo Cache" folder or something. So even though I've lost tons of data between September 2010 and February 2011, I want to get what information I have from the September backup onto my phone now with all the new pictures and stuff I've taken since BMT.

TL;DR
    Need data from old backup onto phone now without losing current stuff on the phone taken since old backup.

2. mindyish macrumors member

I would first back up your current itunes as is right now. but also transfer pics and stuff by hand to your mac or pc. Then drag and drop older stuff into itunes before syncing. Now this works with music, pics, apps, not sure what type of data you are needing to recover or back up though. If its app data, such as game data or apps that keep track of things and have their own stored data, mostly itunes will preserve that as well, but you may want to use "appbackup" just in case as I am not 100%.