(Multiple) Calendar Colors in Calendar

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by SimonBook, Jan 9, 2009.

1. SimonBook macrumors member

SimonBook

Hi!

I have five different calendars (home, work, school etc.) in my iCal. These are all different colors. On my iPhone both my home and my school calendar are orange. Not one calendar is the same color on the iPhone and in iCal on my MBP. I get confused all the time.

Any ideas on how I can make them the same colors? Or at least change the colors on the iPhone calendar?

Thanks in advance!

2. Menge macrumors 6502a

Menge

Apparently the calendar colors only sync right through Mobile Me. If you use iTunes directly to sync the calendars, they don't come out right. I have the same problem. It sucks :\

3. kbrattner macrumors newbie

This might work!

I thought the same thing-that I just had to get Mobilme. But.....I did something this morning that seemed to set both of my colors right on my iphone and ical.

You know when you sync the phone and the info tab displays certain options? Well, instead of checking the box that said "Sync All Calendars", I checked the box below it that said Syn "Selected Calendars". Then I checked all of my calendars off. It put all of the events that were the wrong color from my iphone to the corresponding color that I had on my ical. I was shocked. I don't know if it was just a fluke or what, but I got so excited, I had to share. I was getting bummed thinking I had to sign up for MobileMe just to have correct colors.

Good luck. I hope it works for you.

4. SimonBook thread starter macrumors member

SimonBook

Thanks, kbrattner.

I tried this just now and if I only sync my home calendar the colors match. However, if I sync more than one calendar, my home calendar (blue in iCal) and my work calendar (orange in iCal) both end up being orange.

Even if I only sync my home calendar (blue) and my university calendar (green) the home calendar still ends up being orange. So the problem can't be a conflict between the colors.

Any ideas?

The only calendar that doesn't match is the home calendar. It always turns out to be orange. So now I changed my home calendar to orange in iCal and all the colors match. This is really odd. But the problem is solved :).

Thanks.

5. lopoz macrumors regular

Same here! Please report to Apple through the feedback page:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

Here's a template for the bug report for you lazy ones ;)

iPhone calendar colors don't match iCal

Dear Sir/Madam,

When syncing the iPhone with my laptop, the color of my Home calendar (standard iCal blue) isn't reflected on my iPhone. I'm syncing 2 other calendars and they do have the correct colors that match with the iCal calendars. I'm using iTunes v8.1.
    The non-matching color can be confusing, as it isn't immediately clear to which calendar the entries belong to.

Please take a bug fix into consideration for the next software update.

Kind regards,
    ***Your Name Here***

6. SimonBook thread starter macrumors member

SimonBook

7. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

This worked for me in July, though I don't know if there's a simpler solution around now.

8. stevejobbers macrumors member

temporary workaround until apple gets their s*** together...

change your calendar sync setting to "Selected Calendars" and proceed to check them one-at-a-time, and sync after each one. so if you have 5 calendars you would click each one and sync right away, for a total of 5 times at which point all your calendars would be synched. if you do this the colors will match.